Have you ever considered purchasing a townhome? Most people think that townhomes can only be found in more urban settings. That is no longer the case. Townhomes have made a huge comeback in recent years thanks to innovative design, a desire for low-maintenance homes, and new communities. We’ve put together a list of the top five reasons you should consider townhome living.
1. Today’s Townhomes are Designed for Openness: Gone are the days of the cramped townhomes with small rooms. Today’s townhomes feature open floorplans that are perfect for entertaining or spending time with friends and family. Our Rockford and Carmichael plans at Patrick Henry Place in Newport News, Virginia feature gorgeous kitchen, dining, and family room spaces with 9-foot ceilings and large windows that provide tons of natural light.
2. Low Maintenance: Townhomes are a low-maintenance alternative to single-family detached homes. Townhomes don’t have expansive lawns which means you won’t have to worry about mowing every week. In fact, most townhome communities, like the Townes at North Salem in Apex, North Carolina, take care of all of the outdoor maintenance through its HOA.
3. First-Floor Bedrooms Available: Have guests coming? More and more townhomes feature first first-floor bedrooms which add the perfect place for a family member or friend to stay when visiting. These spaces offer the perfect retreat for guests when they are ready to settle in for the evening. You can find a great example of first-floor bedroom options at our Stonebridge Gardens community in Chester, Virginia.
4. Townhomes Come in Different Shapes and Sizes: It is such an exciting time to purchase a townhome because builders have become extremely creative about how they design them. There really is a townhome option for every stage of life. For example, our Quarterpath Villas in Williamsburg, Virginia are two-story plans that offer an expansive layout with first-floor owner’s suites.
5. Affordability: Townhomes are generally more affordable than single-family detached homes. Homeowners will get all the benefits of living in a new home community, including all of the amenities and perks, without worrying about pulling together all of the money needed for a large down payment. Our Silverleaf Townes in North Chesterfield, Virginia start from the low $200s and provide great value for this amenity-rich community.
We believe it’s how you live that matters and helping you choose the right home is what we are all about. There are so many benefits to townhome living and we invite you to discover those benefits today.